Thursday, October 22, 2015

Lunch at the Office - Organic Steak and Mushroom Soup

I take my lunch to work with me virtually every single day for several reasons. It's economical, I know exactly what's in it, I don't do fast food and I don't do GMO. For those reasons it's pretty much required that I do the cooking. So, fine...I will. Today I brought organic steak and mushroom soup. The steak I had left over (sometimes left over steak happens...every once in a while!) I made using this recipe and it makes really good soup! If you don't have steak, cooked organic beef of any kind will work. After it's done I pack the soup in a plastic container to carry it but take glass or stoneware to heat it up in. Microwaving in plastic transfers chemicals from the plastic to your food and I don't want to eat that. Home cooked soup at work makes the day a teeny bit better.

STEAK AND MUSHROOM SOUP
1/2 cup cooked steak cut into cubes
1 medium size fresh organic mushroom cut into slices
1/4 cup chopped organic celery
2 cups organic beef broth
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tablespoon red cooking wine

Put all ingredients in a pan and cook until boiling and the vegetables are tender. Let cool and place in a plastic container to take with you. Heat it up in the microwave in the stoneware or glass and there you have it! And, btw, it makes my office smell like a gourmet restaurant and I've yet to have anybody complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment