Monday, October 5, 2015

Black Bean Taco Pizza

I love pizza! Who doesn't. But, pizza made from processed ingredients does me no favors! I'll overeat, feel lousy, be mad at myself and the cravings will begin and I'll want to eat again shortly after already overeating. So, because pizza made from processed ingredients affects me that way, when I have pizza I make it myself. This one - taco pizza from "refried" black beans with stone ground organic flour for the crust uses ingredients made by the earth and not a corporation that uses processed, refined, chemical loaded ingredients. This is a one person pizza made from real food and it's really good if I do say so myself!

BLACK BEAN TACO PIZZA

For the crust - 

1/3 cup organic stone ground wheat flour
1/2 tsp yeast
1/4 tsp honey
3 1/2 T warm filtered water
dash of salt

Dissolve the yeast and the honey in the warm water. Stir in the flour until it's well incorporated and shape into a ball. Cover and let it sit for about 20 minutes.

Sauce - 

1/3 cup black "refried" beans - my version of refried beans for this was to take organic black beans that I had cooked with garlic and mash them into a paste-like consistency. You can buy regular organic refried beans and use them as well.
1/6 cup organic taco sauce

Toppings
shredded cheese
sliced black olives
chopped green onion
chopped green pepper

Stir the beans and the taco sauce together for the pizza sauce. Spread the pizza dough onto a baking stone and top with the bean sauce and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. Top with the sliced olives, chopped onion and green pepper and any other veggie you like. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.When it's done top with lettuce and tomatoes and salsa and maybe guacamole. Taco pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment