Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Organic Chili Stuffed Green Pepper

This is really simple. I love simple recipes when I've worked all day and don't have a lot of time to cook in the evening. So, last night I took my own homemade organic chili straight from the refrigerator and made stuffed peppers with it. Took very little effort and I could just hang out while they were baking.

CHILI STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS

One large organic green pepper per person, topped and seeded.
Organic chili soup (your favorite variety and recipe, just don't use canned, chemical filled processed chili! Unhealthy and disgusting.)
Shredded cheese (1 tablespoon per pepper)
Chopped green onion, sliced olives, tomatoes, other veggies of your liking for garnish.
Organic tortilla chips**

Parboil the peppers for 5 minutes in boiling water. Put them in a deep baking dish (or individual large ramekins) and fill with cold chili. Top with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese (I used raw cheddar) and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Top with chopped veggies and serve with organic tortilla chips. Delicious!!

**Organic tortilla chips - I never, ever (although I used to) eat tortilla chips made from processed ingredients because they're full of chemicals, unhealthy fats, they're addictive and because when I start eating them I can't stop!! However, I've found that with organic chips, I can stop with one serving (and I do pay attention to the serving size). They don't haunt me, they don't call to me from the cupboard and there are times I even forget I have them and they go stale. But, if they don't work that way for you, don't eat them. They really aren't worth it and this is good all on its own without the chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment