Sunday, August 16, 2015

Food Addiction or Chemical Addiction




Processed food is addictive. I believe that with everything I know. I know that I can eat a big stack of pancakes made with processed flour and refined sugar and 20 minutes later I'm thinking of the next thing I can find to eat and that even though I'm uncomfortably stuffed, I still want to eat and I will do that all day. I'm familiar enough with addiction to know that I'm not hungry, I'm CRAVING. This is the behavior of an addict. The food giants do this intentionally. They don't care about your health but they do want your money. Therefore, the more you crave, the more you give into it, the more money you put into their pockets. If you  look at people in this country who are not just a few pounds overweight, they're obese by hundreds of pounds and to the point of being disabled, there is something wrong with our food supply. It's being being manipulated and they have no intention of stopping.

For years I threw money at losing weight the way the food and diet industry told me was the way and snake-oiled me into believing was the answer. Well, not only was it not the answer, I wound up fatter and broker and sicker than before. One day it hit me that the only "diet" (which ISN'T a diet at all) is that the earth makes absolutely everything we need to live a healthy life without an obesity issue. Once I started eating food that comes only from the earth, the weight just started coming off on its own, the stress surrounding food and weight disappeared, the guilt disappeared, my energy came back 10 fold on top of not spending my money on food that is basically poison and it just makes sense.

This is not a diet, it's a way of life. Yes, you have to give up processed food. Yes, you have to cook or find a food supply that you know isn't processed. No, you don't have to suffer. When you eat what the earth provides (and not the garbage the food giants would prefer you buy) your body knows when to stop eating. When you give it the nutrients it needs with REAL FOOD, you don't overeat unless you force yourself to.  They say it takes three weeks to break a habit. Perhaps. But if you will take three days to get out of the junk, go cold turkey, get it out of your system, you'll feel better than you have in years. What have you got to lose? Oh, that's right - excess weight, stress from dieting and failing, feeling lousy, giving your money to charlatans...those things. I don't miss even one of those.

IF THE EARTH DOESN'T MAKE IT, DON'T EAT IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment