Saturday, August 22, 2015

Multi-grain Pancake with Strawberry Sauce

This is so good! I love this pancake, especially in the summer. And, if you have it in the winter it  will remind you of summer. A favorite of mine and it's fast!

Strawberry Sauce -

1 cup of frozen sliced strawberries
1/2 - 1 packet of stevia OR 1 tsp of local organic honey
1 tsp of natural arrowroot (I used Bob's Red Mill for this)

Stir the berries and powdered ingredients together and microwave for 45 seconds. Stir and microwave for 45 more seconds. Let cool.

Pancake

2 T organic white flour (I used Gold N White that I got from Country Life Natural Foods made by Natural Way Mills)
1 T organic stone ground or old fashioned oats (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1 T organic kamut flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1 tsp aluminum free baking soda
dash of salt
1/4 cup of filtered water

Mix all together and pour the batter into a lightly oiled (light olive or coconut oil) hot griddle or skillet until bubbly on top. Flip over and finish cooking. 

Top with real butter (organic, grass fed dairy, if possible) and spread the cooled strawberry sauce over the pancake and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment