Monday, August 17, 2015

BREAKFAST!!




I can't speak for everybody but I get up hungry. A a bowl of processed sugary cereal loaded with chemicals and preservatives that has been made from GMO grains is something I avoid. To eat that would make me wonder what I did to make myself mad at myself.  Plus, if I did that not only would I feel like I was poisoning myself but by 9:30 I'd be STARVING and looking for the donuts and there would go the entire day. I have to go to work so that means that whatever I fix is going to have to be pretty fast. This morning it was potato and mushroom hash topped with a poached egg that I get from the local lady who raises chickens.  Recipe for the hash - 1 chopped (organic if possible) red potato, two chopped baby portabello mushrooms and a tablespoon of chopped onion.


Add three chopped sage leaves or 1/4 tsp of dried sage if you don't have fresh sage.Cook in 1 tsp of coconut oil and top with a poached egg. Add some fresh fruit and a cup of coffee and it's breakfast that will stave off the cravings and keep you going until lunch. However, if this isn't a big enough breakfast for you, have a bigger breakfast. By lunchtime you're still going to get hungry. At least you should. You're supposed to get hungry. It's the cravings we seek to eliminate and there's a big difference between an empty tummy that's growling and cravings that make you look for a fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment