Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Choices and...$1.71??!!

So, today is the day my husband is having carpal tunnel surgery, his second. We had to leave the house at 4:30 this morning and he couldn't have breakfast so neither did I. Since he's been taken to surgery I thought I would check out the hospital cafeteria and see what I could find for breakfast that the earth made and won't set me up for craving.

Hmmm...the earth didn't make this.
or this.



There were, however, other choices. I chose eggs and potatoes. There were other things like bacon and sausage and gravygravy, little boxes of cereal, juices, bread, etc. but I thought I'd stick with what seemed to be the safest path and hopefully didn't have anything in it that would set me up for cravings. I got up to the cash register and the cafeteria lady rang me up, said $1.71, I paid her and took a seat. I was so sleepy that I got through about half of my breakfast and quite a bit of coffee before it struck me that I had just paid ONE DOLLAR AND SEVENTY-ONE CENTS for breakfast! It wasn't bad at all, it didn't cause me any cravings, extremely reasonable and perhaps I should reconsider my choice of dining out options! 



AND surgery was quite successful, by the time I was done with breakfast my husband was already done and we were home in no time. And he got his own home cooked breakfast upon arrival and then proceeded to snooze the day away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment