Thursday, September 3, 2015

Spiced Peach Pancakes and is it really a gluten sensitivity?

When I used to eat processed food before I knew better (our food supply is supposed to be healthy and safe, right? FDA and USDA tell us that and they wouldn't lie...much) and I ate pancakes made from processed flour with refined sugar my stomach felt like I'd swallowed a soft ball. So, I blamed gluten. I certainly can't speak for anybody who does have a real gluten problem (my son does and it makes him SICK) but when I stopped eating pancakes (or anything) made from processed flour and refined sugar I stopped having the softball in the belly issue. Plus, I wasn't craving sugar and processed snacks 20 minutes after having eaten even though I was stuffed. I've also lost 24 pounds since March by eating real food and NO dieting and no craving. And, I CAN have pancakes! I just make them from organic stone ground flour and add (for this one) fresh organic fruit. And, they're delicious. I also discovered that pancakes don't need added oil or eggs, either. At least this one doesn't.

SPICED PEACH PANCAKE

Pancake (makes one)

1/4 cup stone ground organic flour 
1 tsp aluminum free non GMO baking powder
1 tsp of local honey
dash of salt 
1/4 cup filtered water

Mix and pour into a hot, lightly oiled (I used coconut oil) griddle or skillet. Cook until bubbly on top and flip. Continue cooking until brown on the bottom and done.

Spiced peach sauce

One large or two small organic peaches peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 tsp of organic apple pie spice 
1/2 tsp of natural arrowroot
1 tsp of honey if you prefer the peach a little sweeter (mine was fine without it)

Microwave the peaches for 45 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 45 seconds. Let cool until the sauce begins to thicken and pour it over the pancake. 

Delicious, organic, non GMO and made by the earth. IF THE EARTH DIDN'T MAKE IT, DON'T EAT IT!

2 comments:

  1. Additives have a lot to answer for... Nice blog, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog. I am definitely going to try out some of your recipes...starting with the pancakes and strawberry sauce.

    ReplyDelete