Saturday, September 5, 2015

Date Nut Cracked Wheat Cereal and reasons for organic and non GMO

I've made the switch to organic and non GMO as much as I possibly can because no matter how you feel about genetic engineering (the earth didn't make that!), the plants are sprayed with RoundUp (the earth SURE didn't make that!).  Since companies who produce GMO  and RoundUp laced products won't label them, if it isn't labeled as organic or non GMO, I won't buy it. Is that limiting? No so much. Companies are beginning to understand that a lot of us are voting with our money and are offering more organic. Companies that are proud to produce non GMO (thank you non GMO companies!) are labeling them as non GMO. Since the representatives that were voted in to represent human beings are instead representing big food and big agriculture, I'm voting with my shopping currency. And I feel I'm far healthier in the process. If the earth didn't make it, I'm not going to buy it or eat it.

This morning I made a simple bowl of cracked wheat cereal made by Bob's Red Mill and added a couple of things like dates and walnuts, cinnamon and honey. 


DATE NUT CRACKED WHEAT CEREAL
3/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of organic cracked wheat cereal
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 to 2 dates, chopped
1 tablespoon of walnuts
2 tsp of honey

Bring water to boil and cook the cereal until the water is absorbed and its become tender. Stir in the cinnamon. Add the dates, the nuts and the honey. I topped it off with about 1/2 cup of Silk non GMO (YAY!) cashew milk and a bowl of blackberries on the side.

This was delicious! I'll definitely be doing this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment